Thursday, August 25, 2011

It's my birthday!

And I have to brag...I am getting the most incredible gift anybody could've given me.  My granddaughter, Emma, is coming home today!!!!  After three weeks in the hospital, my sweet girl is finally being sprung!  :)  She was born six weeks early and weighed 3 lbs, 14 oz.  Three weeks later, she's up to 4lbs, 8 oz, and is doing great!   Happy Birthday to me!!!!  :)


In the meantime, we are still plugging away at getting the shop in Westerville opened.  We ran into some unexpected snags with the city code, but are working through them one by one.  After quite a struggle, we have the display case in, and our refrigerator and freezer were delivered as well.  FAR from done, but here's a peek....




At this point, we're hoping to be open in six weeks or so.  Patience is a virtue, right?!  That is NOT one of my gifts, but we're hanging in there.  :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

such great news about little Emma, you must be so proud.

Shop look fantastic, can't wait see once you have it filled with all the yummy goodies, good luck.

Mandy Schneider 97 said...

Happy Birthday! My sons was yesterday :) ...congatulations on your new grandbaby! ..shes adorable :)
Mandy

Brenda's Cakes said...

Thank you both so much! Yes, I am one proud grandma!!! That little sweetie has totally stolen my heart! :)