Monday, February 28, 2011

Pretty in Pink...

I'm a little late in posting last weeks cakes.  I finally have my kitchen back, so I've been seriously enjoying cooking, and baking, and decorating it!  :)  I'm waiting on a couple of final items to come in, then I'll post pics.  It's so beautiful!!!!

This is my favorite cake from last week.  My customer was looking for a Barbie cake, which we can't do due to copyright issues.  So we went more with a princess theme.  Everything on the cake is edible...the crown and jewels are made out of white chocolate, and the pearls are white chocolate clay.  I really hope McKayla liked her cake!


I just love it when customers order cookies that match their cakes.  They are so much fun to do!  Below are the cookies and the cake to go with it....



And I have a bit of good news!  Anyone who has followed my blog has heard me talk about our grandchildren in Florida.  We go down for visits twice a year and I send them goodies at almost every holiday.  Well, the entire family has decided to relocate up here by us!!!!  So instead of seeing them twice a year, we'll get to be full time grandparents.  We're so absolutely thrilled!!!!  Below is a pic of me with the grandkids at the zoo during our last visit....aren't they just too cute for words?!  :)


Hope you all have a fantastic week!!!!

6 comments:

Loren @ The Baking Sheet said...

Your cakes and cookies are gorgeous! Love the quilting on the princess cake. I'm inspired! :o)

Shaile's Edible Art said...

Love the princess cake.. Your crown is so perfect and what a good idea to do it in chocolate. I have made a couple but use gumpaste. It is really a perfect cake and looks very princessy...

Brenda's Cakes said...

Thank you both!!!!

Fitted kitchens said...

The cake look awesome, I have made a couple but use gumpaste.and I will do for my kids and Its so helpful for me. Thanks !!

lama said...

Oooh, you’re such an inspiration. I love this blog!
How to Use Silicone Bakeware. Silicone bakeware is high-tech and easy to store and clean, which makes it an appealing option to many bakers.

varicose veins said...

Its look delicious and Awesome. I love pink color and Here The cake look so beautiful in this pink color. Thanks for the Information and The Information is really helpful to me.