Sunday, May 29, 2011

Bakery Visit

I met my friend Dawn when we both went to Cookie Camp last year.  (Many of you will know her as Kneadacookie on Flickr!)  She came down to pick me up in Ohio and we continued on to Tennessee.  Mind you, we had never met before.  Can you imagine how uncomfortable that would've been if we hadn't totally hit it off?!  But we did.  In fact, we're so much alike, it can be a little frightening!  :) 

Dawn lives in Michigan, which is where we are originally from.  Since we went up to my nephew's wedding last weekend, we decided to take an extra day to stop and see Dawn on our way home.  She opened a bakery, called the Butterfly Bake Shoppe, in the Detroit area.  I'd never been to that side of the state before, so it was fun for us to take a new way home. 

And Dawn's bakery....gorgeous!!!  Exactly what I hope to open someday.  Here's the two of us...it took alot of begging to get Dawn to take a picture with me, but I finally broke her down!


Well, I guess I should've started with the outside, so that's where we'll go next.  The area is absolutely adorable.  There's quite a few little bakeries in the area.  We spent a little time just wandering around.


On to the interior.  I love the colors she choose to paint the inside.  It's really bright and cheerful.  And the bakery cases are beautiful!




Dawn handpainted the "Coffee Bar" on the wall, which I LOVE! 


And she has this HUGE kitchen that I would almost kill for.  I did say almost, right?  :)  And the picture only shows half of it!  Oh the mess I could make in there!!!!


So if you're ever in the Detroit area, make sure you stop by!  Her lemon bars are FANTASTIC!  And I must not be the only one that thinks so...we were there for around 2 hours and 3 customers stopped in looking for them! 

And thank you, Dawn, for putting up with us, answering our millions of questions, and letting us interrupt your day.  It was soooo nice to see you!!!!!

1 comment:

Bea @ CancunCookies said...

Great post, Brenda! Nice to see you together...