Friday, November 26, 2010

The Day After - and Cookie Day 12?

I'm starting to lose track of the days!  :)

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and I hope all of you did too.  This is the very first Thanksgiving we've had at home.  We've traveled every year since we've been married....16 years!  This year, my mom and her husband Dave came down, so we actually got to have our own Thanksgiving dinner.  And I must say...it was pretty darn good!  My husband did an incredible job with the turkey.  I had the perfect biscuit day too, which is a rare and beautiful thing. 


My beautiful mother, me, and my two gorgeous daughters, Tessa and Chelsey.  (Not a shabby looking lot, right?)  :)

And of course, we have the "big game" approaching, so you'll be seeing lots of these:


And on to the cookie of the day.   These were both inspired by ornaments.  The cookie sheet I found at Hallmark...they have some adorable baking ornaments this year!  I'm going to put them all on a little tree in my kitchen.  :)  And the other was inspired by an ornament my friend Diane found and drew me a sketch of!  I used fondant for the little rolling pin. 


Maybe this will inspire you to start your holiday baking....or order your holiday cookies!  :)

4 comments:

Loren @ The Baking Sheet said...

OMG.... I'm in love with the dough & rolling pin!! Very creative!!! Happy Turkey Day!

Bea @ CancunCookies said...

Your smile resembles your Mom's!! You have a beautiful family, Brenda! Adorable COOKIES!! We have a Hallmark in Cancun hope they have this set, please post pics of your little kitchen tree...

SweetSugarBelle said...

These just take ny breath away! You know how sometimes you see a cookie that makes ur heart leap? Well, it leapt got butterflies and everything in between. Just so wow! I wish I could see you in person because I cannot even tell u in type how awesome these are. Standing ovation!:)

I got so excited about the cookies which may be my all time fave, that I almost forgot to tell u how much I enjoyed the peek into ypur family holiday! Beautiful girls, and u are so pretty too! Hope this was a relaxing holiday!

SweetSugarBelle said...

Still in LOVE!