Tuesday, April 19, 2011

It's Almost Easter!

I have to admit...I had NO idea Easter was this coming Sunday.  I knew it was at the end of April, but apparently the end of April snuck up on me fast!  I didn't realize it until I read it in CookieCrazie's blog, so thank you Pam!  I would've been soooo behind. 

Life has been a bit hectic lately.  We still have a full house with all three grandkids with us, so it's difficult to set time aside for cookies.  :(  But I just HAD to try to get some done. 

These cookies were inspired by many talented cookie artists.  It's so hard to know where the original ideas came from, especially when you get a cookie like the "peeps" one that everybody wants to do!  I try really hard to name the original designer, as I've had a cupcake cookie design that's been copied so much that no one can remember it was my design either!  :)  Okay, not the worst problem to have, but it's still nice to get credit for the original.

That being said, I think the original designer of the Peeps cookie was T-Woods on Flickr.  If anyone can correct me, let me know!  I have NO idea who came up with the chocolate covered bunny design, but it's genius as well!  I had such a good time creating this set.  Hopefully the grandkids will enjoy munching on them come Easter morning!  :)


Even posting this picture makes me smile.  :)  Which is the whole point of a cookie, right?!

This past weekend, I did a cake to match Connor's party invitations.  The animals are all modeled out of chocolate or fondant.  Hopefully he enjoyed his 2nd birthday!!!


And a close up of the monkey.  I was pretty proud of him, as monkeys seem to be my nemisis!


I hope everyone has a fantastic Easter!  We're pulling out all the stops this year....ham dinner, homemade gravy and biscuits, baskets for the kids, dying easter eggs, easter egg hunt.  Wow, I should get busy!!!  :)

2 comments:

The Bowen Family said...

Brenda! You are so incredibly talented!!! I just love your blog, I am just starting cake and cookie decorating and I'm wondering where you get your little bags for packaging cookies? I can't wait to keep reading new posts.. you are AMAZING!

Brenda's Cakes said...

Thank you so much! I actually buy my bags wholesale, but if you can't do that, Nashville Wraps is a great place to order bags from. They have a great quality bag and you don't have to order a million!