Monday, January 10, 2011

Still Recovering

Well, its a week later, and I am STILL recovering from this cold from hell!  I literally cannot remember the last time I was sick like this.  But I am definitely on the road to recovery, so I am going to concentrate on being grateful for that!

The upside to being down for a week with a cold...lots of time to read.  Since alot of you who follow my blog are bakers, you'll find this book interesting:


My Life from Scratch, by Gesine Bullock-Prado

If you haven't read this one, I strongly recommend it.  Gesine is actually Sandra Bullock's sister, although the book doesn't concentrate on that aspect hardly at all, other than it's an interesting fact.  As I read this, I found that I had alot in common with the author.  Gesine's mother was an opera singer born in Nurnberg, Germany.  My grandmother is from Stutguard (did I spell it wrong, mom?) Germany and has always truly loved opera.  Gesine seems to be a bit sarcastic and anti social, and let's face it, so am I.  :)  The book is extremely readable and informative at the same time.  Not to mention, it has some pretty good recipes scattered throughout as well.  I went to her blog and it looks like she has an actual cookbook coming out in April, which I will definitely purchase.

Oh, and I wanted to share this picture.  We had this taken of the grandkids in St. Augustine, at one of those old-time photo places.  Isn't it cute?!  Its one of the few pictures I have of them all looking at the camera and smiling at the same time!


On that note, I am going to crawl back onto my sofa with a book and resume my recovery!  :)

3 comments:

Bea @ CancunCookies said...

I'm sorry to hear your recovery has taken such a long time... it's true, kids germs are BAD... Love the picture, they look like the tv series "Little Rascals", so cute... the book sounds good!

faithy, the baker said...

Oh dear, i hope you feel better soon! Take plenty of Vit C and rest! :D God Bless!

SweetSugarBelle said...

Sorry you ave been sick! I am planning on reading more! Thanks for the suggestion! Your babies are adorable. You are the best grandma EVER! Cookies and FUN!!!