Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Cookies for Arnie

I realized the other day while going through my blog that everytime I refer to my husband, it's as "hubby".  No name, just "hubby".  So I figure its long overdue that I introduce you to my very patient husband, Arnie. 

Poor Arnie has to put up with alot.  His wife is constantly covered in powdered sugar, his hands are always being slapped away from goodies because they're for customers, and anytime he wants something baked for him, he gets "the look" - the look that says "I've baked nonstop for three days, do you really think I want to bake MORE?".  Despite all of this, he's still very helpful.  He's great at picking up supplies, coming up with ideas, and just in general, being the most supportive and wonderful husband a woman could ever ask for. 

And to put a face with the name, this is Arnie, with two of our grandchildren, Mercedes and Andy.


So, today its like 18 degrees outside and bone chilling cold.  What better day to bake up a batch of Arnie's very favorite cookies, gingerbread?  Now, the problem is that he likes his gingerbread plain.  I, however, have a hard time making a cookie that isn't pretty.  So I compromised.  I just added a few accents to make them sparkle, but for the most part, left them unadorned.  And yes, it was painful.  But hey, after 16 years of marriage, I can make a sacrifice here and there, right?


So yes, Arnie will be a happy man when he gets home tonight.  I even went so far as to leave some......(pause for dramatic effect).......totally naked!  Not pretty at all!!!!  :)  The things we do for love!

1 comment:

SweetSugarBelle said...

Bren, this is my fave post so far! Hi Arnie, I have a Bernie, AKA Bern-Dogg, that you would make good friends with. You already have so much in common. Thank God for good husbands!