Friday, December 10, 2010

One of my Favorite Weeks

I think this has to be one of my favorite weeks of work in awhile.  I had so many orders for interesting cakes this week.  Work becomes fun when I have orders like this.  I have to be one of the luckiest people ever to get to do something I love so much for a living.   

I think this one is my very favorite.  It's just so bright and cheerful and happy!  The lettering was inspired by my friend, Diane, a fellow cake decorator in Conneticut.


I have another one I had planned on posting but I just remembered its for a surprise party!  The chances of the customer looking at my blog is pretty slim, but I think I'll be cautious and wait until tomorrow.

My cookie of the day is the cutest little polar bear, inspired by my friend Lisa (bearfootbaker on Flickr).  I totally fell in love with hers, so I just had to order a polar bear cutter and give him a try!  Thanks to Lisa for always being so willing to share her work!  :) 



Another fun one for this week.  I love the bright colors on this one as well.  Its nice to see such bright colors, especially when its been so dreary and cold here!


And one final one.  This is for a woman graduating from nursing school.  Congratulations Kristie!!!  What a huge accomplishment!


And that's it for today!  I'll have a few more tomorrow....like I said, busy week!  :)  I'm off now to do a little Christmas shopping and quality time with my daughter! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great week. Beautiful cakes and I adore polar bear cookies.

SweetSugarBelle said...

I'm loving the cookies but those cakes are so darn beautiful I almost can't see straight! Brenda...I know people tell you you are talented all of the time, but I want to yell it! Not only do u make cookie masterpieces, u can do the same with cakes. Standing ovation!